Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Travel: Rediscovering a New Dimension of Ourselves.

     Assalamualaikum (May peace and mercy of Allah be upon you). I just got back from a Muktamar (Islamic Conference and Discussion) in Missouri. To be honest it was nothing like I imagined. Before going I thought it couldn't be that good but everything changed, when I first listened to the very first parallel room session. Alhamdullillah (Praise be to Allah). My prejudice was totally wrong. It opened my eyes on how entertaining this kind of Islamic fulfillment could be. The event was worth all the sweats and efforts I put to get there.

     There were a bunch of great speakers lectured and a lot of new dimensions I discovered in Islam. When I spent time hearing to the talks, the experience put me to shame because of my “jumud” (close mindedness). As a Muslim, I already knew that Islam is perfect in every aspect of life. Yet, like most Muslims, I didn’t know where the line is, where to stop thinking, where to keep going and where to try discovering realm of possibilities. Now the borders are expanding. Thanks Allah for your hidayah (signs).




Travel: Rediscovering a New Dimension of Ourselves.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment