Saturday, November 13, 2010

Road Less Traveled…

    Assalamualaikum, readers (May the peace and mercy of Allah be with you). Alhamdulillah (All praises be to Allah). I just finished the second phase of my doctoral qualifying exam. Yet I still have another phase coming soon on Nov 22nd and that will be the last one. Right now I am so jaded with struggles and sleep time rations that I put myself into for the last several months. While the exam seems to be a past thing to me, my life is not getting any easier. Believe me, it is not. Last week I went and met with my super-strict advisor. Guess what? He started doing something that he’s really good at. He lectured me for solid half an hour. He put me to shame when all the things he nagged are right about me. Yeah, life is hard. It never cuts you any slacks. It has no mercy on you. I wish I can bury my head in sand just get away from shame.

     Since I kind of have a lot on my plate, I have to start re-planning my next moves soon. I guess I have to make some minor and major changes to meet a better goal in this ever-changing world. I always believe that life is a moving target and we have to be sensitive with the upcoming changes and future demands to be top players, unless you just want to be a passenger in your own life that you deserve. My advice is, start living life worth living. Yes, life needs an active participation from you. Everyone knows, you get what you work for. Don’t be like fools who think that everything has been predestined and they just need to wait. When they realize it, it is too late for them to make their moves.

    If you learn about great people in history, you’ll realize all of them took active actions in conquering problems that life threw at them. They stood tall during good and bad times. They weathered freezing storms and scorching heat just because they saw a ray of hope and wanted to grab it. Challenges are not problems. Instead, they are stepping stones for them to reach a higher ground, a better success. Great people consider challenges as walls that separate between the ones who want to succeed and the ones who are just not brave enough to face life.

      In other words, success doesn’t come free. It comes with a price tag. It’s sometimes cheap and sometimes priceless. So it is us who put the price on it. It costs us time devotion, monied sacrifices and unbearable bitterness. How much of those does it cost for a great one? Nobody knows; but you can invest how much you are willing to risk. Many say weird stuff like these - “I see some people who don’t have to do much to become successful” or “I am not that lucky like those guys. They are blessed with generous fortune.” They sound familiar right. I know they do. Trust me, those successful guys secretly risk opportunities and work hard in a way we don't realize it. When a great story is being written, lazy guys just say “what a lucky guy” to the person who makes it happen. Is it fair? I do believe no such things as instant-noodle solutions in life. Every progress is a sum of decades of sweats.  

     When asked about a recipe of becoming successful, most of successful people tell their stories of hardship and failure. That’s normal. They don’t really tell us successes they earn over the years because they are just too obvious. When listening to the shameful failures and unbearable hardship, people who think that success comes in an easy way quickly change their mindsets and become, like they always are, lazy cowards. They don’t really have what it takes to become successful guys and work as hard. That’s why the road traveled by successful people is the road less traveled by many. It is thorny and it has never been easy. InsyaAllah, may Allah grant us strength and opportunities to become one of the successful guys.



"The successful man will profit from his mistakes 
and try again in a different way." ~Dale Carnegie~


Road Less Traveled…SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment